Resolve An Issue With Your Child's Individualized Educational Program

About Me
Tax Burden Bargaining: Understanding The Law

When you find yourself facing a significant tax burden, it can be tough to know where to start to pay it down. Unfortunately, the government may not wait for you to sort it out. If you find yourself served with a legal notice for repayment, you need to talk with an attorney right away. A tax law attorney can help you evaluate the situation and potentially file for a reconsideration. If nothing else, he or she will talk with you about your legal options for repayment and what the government can and cannot do. This site will help you see what my experience has been so you can understand some of the options you may want to consider.


Resolve An Issue With Your Child's Individualized Educational Program

27 August 2018
 Categories: Law, Blog

Nobody has a closer bond with your child and is more aware of when they are troubled than you do. If your child has a mild form of Down's syndrome and has been placed in a special education program at school, it can be disturbing to encounter crying fits and defiant gestures from your child when it is time to drop them off at school. Take action concerning your child's education so that you can resolve the issues that are troubling your child.

Attend A Conference

Don't begin to place blame on your child's teacher without finding out what is causing the negative emotions that your child is exhibiting. Of course, it is important to speak to your child first and prompt them by asking them what they did in class or why they are not happy, but if your child has difficulty verbalizing the issue that they are dealing with, attending a conference at the school is important.

During the conference with your child's teacher, be polite and speak directly. Tell the teacher what you have been witnessing and let the teacher respond. Request to see the individualized educational program that has been implemented and review your child's test scores.

Go Above The Teacher

If you think that the program is too stringent or that your child is not receiving enough individualized attention during class time, voice your concerns, but be prepared for the teacher to object with you. If this occurs, hold your emotions inside and thank the teacher for their time. At this point, it is best to go above the teacher by speaking to the school's principal or administrator.

Tell either person what you believe the problem is and that you would like the educational program to be modified. The principal or administrator may be willing to work with you so that your child receives the extra help that they need and deserve in order to thrive in the classroom. The program may be adjusted so that it is geared toward your child's capabilities instead of what the teacher thinks your child should be able to achieve in class. 

Divulge The Situation

If you feel as if you haven't made any headway the school and all of the people who you have spoken to are in disagreement with you or are unwilling to bend, contact a special education lawyer to divulge the situation that you are going through and to learn if you have a viable case against the school.

You will not necessarily need to fight against the school staff, even if the lawyer believes that you are right and the school officials are wrong. The first step that the lawyer may suggest is them representing your child at school and attending a meeting with the staff.

If this does not work out, the lawyer will direct you further, which could result in meeting with the school's attorney to attempt to come up with a resolution or filing a complaint through court.